Reinventing a Legacy Brand
for a New Generation
• To produce an event during New York Fashion Week that brings together the Brother product and executives with fashion press and influencers to elevate the sewing machine category with a newly aspirational, sleek and fashionable image
• To create BROTHER SEWS demo and mobile lounge where top fashionista bloggers, influencers and celebrities organically experience the brand
• To make bloggers stars of their own videos by creating a contest for the Brother Brand ambassador thereby increasing promotion of the product
• To develop content that could be used across media outlets including broadcast news, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
• Launched with #nextpertstyleXtech Twitter party (58.6 million reach)
• NEXTPERT styleXtech Mobile Lounge, branded with BROTHER SEWS, traveled to/from fashion shows with a captive audience of top tier media and influencers enabling them to hear Brother messages and to experience Brother sewing products. The lounge put 250 top journalists in a controlled environment with a surprise guest, Anthony Ryan Auld resulting in a 2.5 million social engagement.
• NEXTPERT styleXtech Demo Lounge attracted unpaid celebrities endorsing Brother on national TV during New York Fashion Week. The excitement was captured and transformed into content for a Video News Package, and was supplemented with print and online exposure with distribution of 4.2 million.
• Global CNN broadcast appearance by Katlean de Monchy telling the Brother/NYFWstory
• Video featuring Anthony Ryan Auld, Project Runway All Star who collaborated with a student to make her dream dress, was distributed on the news, Brother website, social media, and in sewing trade shows.
• Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, a sewing enthusiast, appeared organically in video news package. These aired nationally and locally on CBS network and OK-TV among numerous other broadcast outlets to reach 12.6 million.
• The styleXtech media cocktail celebration for Brother with more than 100 influencers and members of the press proved so successful it is now an annual event. Timeline deliveries were 11.6 million.
• Millennial Bloggers auditioned to be a Brother Brand Ambassador, boosting traffic to the Brother website, and encouraging online engagement to reach 2.1 million.